A-Z Writing

D for Disneyworld

Disneyworld

A place where you always stay a kid

No matter how old you are

From space mountain

To Splash Mountain

To meet all the Disney characters

And going on all the rides

Going to the candy shop

To admire the amount of sugar in one store

Having so much fun in all the four parks

Never wanting to leave the place

But when night falls

That’s when the real magic begins

The fireworks that go off when midnight strikes

Admiring the beauty that, lights up the dark blue sky

Oh how Disneyworld makes you want to stay forever

A place where you always stay a kid

P for Piercing Parlor

The piercing parlor is where I get so excited but so nervous at the same time. Walking inside sniffing the disinfection smell which made me more nervous. Slowly walking up to the counter to give them my name and picked out my jewelry for my nose. Hearing my own heartbeat I finally picked a stud that will be stabbed into my nose and forever stay there. While I sat there and waited for my turn, I saw a book, a book full of piercings. I picked it up and saw the most horrific piercings I had ever seen in my life. Seeing them made me even more nervous. After I dropped the book and tried to calm myself down when something happened. A woman came out of one of the rooms with her whole ear red. She sat down beside me and started talking to me and showed the piercing she just got done. Oh my lord the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. She talked about the excruciating pain she was in and I was about to pass out. Then finally the time had come for me to go into the room to get my nose pierced. I walked in and sat down. The woman put a marked spot on my nose and told me to check if I liked the place where she would viciously stab my nose and put the stud in. I looked and approved and was ready to get a hole in my nose. She took this rod and put it in my nose and also positioned the needle where she marked a dot into my nose. She then told me to breathe in and I did and when she told me to exhale she punctured my nose. When she poked a hole into my nose, she put the needle into the rod and immediately put the stud in. Once it was all over I opened my eyes to see how it looked like. Getting my nose pierced didn’t hurt at all. I overreacted I thought at the moment. Once leaving the room I felt so amazing. Like I could do anything.

U for Universal Studios

Going to Universal studios was an amazing experience. From going on the Jurassic Park ride to meeting homer who kept on burping every time we took a picture. We also met transformers who were casually walking around the studio. We also went on a tour where they show us all the sets that are built there. It was really cool to see all the sets. We also went on a lot of simulator rides like the Simpsons ride. It was so fun and felt so real. When getting out of the Simpson ride, we met the Simpsons family. We took pictures with everybody but for some reason, homer was just being really weird. Every time we took pictures he would casually be burping. The whole experience was just really weird. My favorite part of universal studios was the Jurassic Park ride. It was so fun to go on, especially the big drop at the end and you get water all over you. My sister and kept going on it to the point where we were soaking wet. On top of that, it started raining but we kept on going on the ride. Going to universal studios is honestly my favorite memory ever.

Image result for universal studios

“The Only Walt Disney World Guide You Need.” Travel + Leisure, www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/disney-vacations/walt-disney-world-orlando-guide.

Storey, Ken. “Universal Orlando Has TONS of New Projects in the Works.” Orlando Weekly, Orlando Weekly, 4 May 2018, www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2016/07/12/universal-orlando-has-tons-of-new-projects-in-the-works.

4 thoughts on “A-Z Writing

• Dear Rania,
    I love you. This was a great piece. I love how you really explained your feelings at the piercing parlor, and how you explained the magic Disney brings so well too. For suggestions, maybe just go over some spelling errors. But this was a good job. I look forward to reading more of your work. I love you boo.
    Love,
    Tolu.

• Dear tolu,

I just want to tell you that I love you so much and I really appreciate that you read my work. Also that you are an amazing person and so funny

Love,
      Rania

• Dearest Rania,

I adore these little pieces you wrote! They’re so cute and really reflective on how you see the world, so thank you. My favourite piece would have to be the piercing one because it made my skin crawl. The idea of piercings has always freaked me out, haha. So bravo on making me feel a little queasy while reading that 🙂 .

To improve, I would suggest to make sure that you proof read your work. GUMPS make a huge difference when it comes to the fluidity and clarity of your piece so watch for that. Also, I would have loved to see more descriptions in your third piece. Tell me about your senses: what did you hear, smell, taste, hear, etc? That will definitely enhance your piece and add a lot more depth in it

Thanks again for sharing these lovely little writings!

Love,

Liza

• Dear Liza,

Thanks for all the compliments on my A-Z Writing I really appreciate. I will for sure look out for those GUMPS because I know that’s one thing that I definitely struggle with. Again thank you or taking the time to actually read my piece.

Love,
      Rania